We hope you can get behind the Watts MND Bike Challenge that AWCC members Andy Kaye & Hugh Satchel have set themselves. Andy & Hugh hoping to raise $50 000 for the Motor Neuron Disease Research Institute of Australia by riding 300 plus kilometers four days in a row.
Results from the Graded Scratch races at Bellbridge today.
A good field turned up for the hilly course at Bethanga on a sunny Saturday afternoon. It was great to see some visiting riders from other clubs joining our locals on a tough course that favours the climbers. Everyone raced aggressively but with great camaraderie. This has been a feature of the club racing over the last few months and it is a positive sign for the future of cycling in Albury-Wodonga.
The A Grade field was small but high in quality with Tomarsh Loki (Wangaratta CC) taking the win from visiting rider Kris Hopkins (Hawthorn CC). Local Aaron Moffat was not far behind in third place.
B Grade saw Ryan Clifford pip Damien Sims in the last 50m, with Brian Harris getting over Hugh Satchell for third and Charly McMillan 5th. This grade saw some great racing as the first five were not separated until the third and final time up the famous Springdale climb to the finish.
In C Grade Terry Halpin and Chris Little got away from the rest of the field on the second lap. Final places; 1st Chris Little; 2nd Terry Halpin; 3rd Callum Dwyer.
Thanks to Commissaire Geoff Damm and Marshalls Declan Gregory, Matt Hamblin and Richard.
The two committees have continued to work behind the scenes on the various administrative matters that need to be addressed to finalise the club merger. Below is an update on this work and what the next steps will involve;
- Unfortunately Consumer Affairs Victoria didn't give us the name Cycling Albury Wodonga because it was to close to Albury Wodonga Cycling Club. Instead, we've been given our second choice of Albury Wodonga Panthers Cycling Club.
- An acting committee has be establish which will serve until our first AGM later in the year. Preliminary committee consist of Geoff Damm as president, Andrew Kaye as Secretary and Callum Dwyer and Chris Little as general committee members, we are also looking for someone to fill the treasurers role in this transition phase.
- Given their strong support in the past, the new club bank accounts is being set up Hume Bank.
- When renewing your membership for 2015 through the Cycling Australia website, it will be automatic with the new club. No transfer form is require. Also, if you happen to renew your license before the merger is finalised CA will transfer your membership automatically.
- Work has begun on the logo/branding for the new club and we hope to have some drafts out for comment in the coming months.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact the current committee to discuss, thanks.